Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How did you change your bad spending habits?

To my blog readers, i need you to share your bad spending habits with me and other readers..bear in mind..Sharing is caring..~

Below is how i change my bad spending habits.

I started to measure [what I was spending] by tracking and recording my daily expenses religiously.I asked for receipts or jotted down the figures immediately in a logbook if no receipts were issued. The expense record slowly built up from weekly expenses to monthly and yearly ones and it was an eye opener. It told me where i had overspent and underspent.

As i am an impulsive shopper a.k.a shophaholic, i often find it difficult to say no to items that lovely must haves. So what i have done is tell myself to delay the purchase. By the time I get home and I have time to think rationally, I would realise that I d not need that items. If that doesn't work and I still want the item, the idea of fighting traffic to get back to the shopping centre is enough to put me off.

Other than that, I changed my bad spending habits through forced savings. This was done depositing my salary into a savings account that I didn't have easy access to [I didn't have ATM card for it]. I'm also invested in unit trusts and Bond.


so, it's is your turn...share it..share it..me and other readers are waiting..

No comments: