Sunday, March 21, 2010

dengue management course

today at 2.30pm till 5pm i'm attend dengue management course at ACC, HSNZ.. actually i'm not participant on the list but i'm tried pursued my sister a.k.a my new mentor to allow me to attend this course...(malas nk duk kt ward n care pt)....then she gave permission..syukran Ya Allah n sister..

the course went smoothly and a lot of input i got..

during attended this course, flight of memory comes in my mind..

"dengue fever" terms bring a lot memory to me

1st i remember one of my lecturer at USM that told me if you have dengue fever, you must drink 100 plus then your BP will increase to normal. this is first time i heard 100 plus use as a treatment in dengue fever

2nd during my interview to become a staff nurse at a private hospital in Kuala Terengganu, the interviewer ask me to explain regarding the common disease happens..and at that time Chingukunya was so popular. Chingukunya a type of dengue fever..byk gila kelentong time ni..but xsangka apa yg dikelentong rupa-rupanya betul..

3rd during my interview SPA, the interviewer also asked me about dengue fever..they ask type of dengue fever, how to control dengue breeding, what common investigation and what promotion that u can give to community..huhuhu...asyik kena interview psl dengue je..

4th during clinical assessment in my final year (during medical posting) i need to explain about Intravenous fluid and it's relation to patient under my observation. one of my patient has dengue fever...so at that time, the hartman's in progress..i'm so lucky because before the assessment i dah ask HO why they put hartman's? so i can answered my lecturer question..hahaha...the reason is hartman's is crystalloid, so it can replace fluid as in dengue fever HCT is increase due to plasma leakage happens.


No comments: